• Your eco- colonial adventure takes about 7-8 hrs.
• Have a nice walking tour along with your local guide who will take you to the main cathedrals from the city.
• Learn about the history of the chocolate and have a free test of a chocolate drink at Museo del Chocolate.
• Visit “La Sonrisa” ( hummock artisans).
• Meet “Lucy” a sweet monkey who lives in the monkey island.
• Take great pictures from bird life and locals fishing on lake Nicaragua.
What you can expect:
Your adventure starts at 10am and takes about 8 hours. Your local tour guide meets you at our office in(Carretera a Masaya, km. 11 carretera a Masaya 400 metros oeste., Managua 11055). Then will be driven to the colonial city of Granada funded in the 1500s. Visit the main cathedral built in from 1617, and learn about the Spanish colonization, after that you will taste free chocolate shot and learn about the its history at Casa del Chocolate knows as Choco Museo. Then have a nice walk by the central park and La Calzada Street where is the main place in town with many restaurants and more.
After that you will be driven to Pueto Acese where you will meet the Captain of the boat that will take you on a 1 hour tour by “ Las Isletas de Granada” on lake Nicaragua. Here you will see “Lucy” a very sweet monkey who loves pictures and mangos, as well will have the chance to get off the boat in one of the island and learn about the pirates history over the lake at San Pablo Fortress. Finally you´ll head back to your hotel by car about 5pm.
Similar things to do!
Day Pass at Apoyo Lagoon
Enjoy the inviting waters from Apoyo Lagoon a nature reserve that offers a great view, bird and wild life. Here you can do kayaking, swiming in its crsital clear water and hiking trough the reserve as you take grat pictures.